Pastor’s Bible Reading Schedule: Exodus 21-22; 2 Thess. 1
Paul starts this epistle with expressing his admiration for this church in Thessalonica. He mentions some very specific things that were a testimony and were becoming an encouragement to churches around them. In verse three Paul mentions their confidence in God’s leadership and sovereignty that was growing exceedingly, and the love “of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth.” Can you picture a church where EVERYONE participates in genuinely loving EVERYONE else? This is a church that had been under the attack of the Devil and they had weathered that storm. Now they were a shining testimony of a church that had experience God’s faithfulness, grace, and mercy. This experience had increased their faith in God and their love for one another. Paul expresses how as he visits the different churches around, these people from the other churches have had their faith increased and their opinion of God has been enhanced! I am reminded that no man lives unto himself and no man dies unto himself. We really are influencing those around us, either for good or bad. It is my desire to partner with God to build a church that will have such a testimony. A local pastor sent me a text the other day that expressed that Faith Baptist Church has such a testimony. It read, “Tim, thank you for your friendship. You have made such a difference for your church and school. I have always appreciated your church and school. Now I can say that I love your church and school…” Faith Baptist Church must always stand on Biblical principle, be willing to endured attacks that will seek to hurt and destroy, constantly be growing in our faith to trust God through every situation, and grow united in our love for each other. It is encouraging to know that we have that testimony and that our testimony has encouraged another pastor and church. We must be aware that the attacks of the Devil will only increase as we go through these last days. The direction of our government and society is becoming more and more humanistic and secular. We must be constantly growing in our faith, surrendered to God’s working and program, and in our love for one another. May we commit to praying for our pastor, staff, deacons, program, outreach, and each other. This chapter ends with this wherefore…”Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. “
• Lord, thank you for the testimony of Faith Baptist Church. You are truly doing something special at our church.
• Lord, please increase my faith. You are always right and you always do right. Please give me a contentment to trust you through every situation.
• Lord, you have demonstrated your faithfulness. I want to be faithful to you. Please make me acutely aware of your constant presence.
• Lord, help my prayer life to continue to grow. Help me to enjoy the privilege to pray for everyone in my church, family, and extended ministries.
• Lord, please continue the testimony of Faith Baptist Church that it might be a continued source of encouragement to surrounding churches.